"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Big Plans : Pretty much the rest


First up:  A love fest for Anna Maria Horner voile, which I have sewn a bit with, but would like to try more.  I'll be attempting the middle dress in this vintage pattern (AFTER a muslin)
I fell completely in love with this dress after seeing it on Tilly and lamented the fact that I would never find the same vintage pattern.  I began to hate looking at people's vintage creations because I couldn't hope to have one for myself.  Well, as luck would have it, one day while browsing Etsy I just stumbled right across this pattern and in (aproximately) my size!




 You might notice something familiar here.... the same fabric in a different colorway.  Does that convince you I really like it?  I'm planning a Colette Truffle with this.  (also after a muslin)  I'll most likely be joining the sew-along.  See button to the right.




 I've used this pattern once before, with AMH voile, no less, but I did a sloppy job and I think I'm ready to do it better.  I'll be making the tank version with a pleated front using the sky blue voile and the version on the model (actually what I bought the pattern for) with the teal and white flowered rayon.
And now on to another favorite designer, Heather Bailey.  I really hope this blouse doesn't turn out too, uh, sweet.  I don't really like any of the versions or the fabric choices on the envelope, but I was lusting after the Colette Violet at the time and just snapped up this cheaper alternative with a Peter Pan collar.  We'll soon find out, because this is next in my queue.

.

I traded a handbag with a friend for the chance to rifle through her stash and pick something I liked.  I got a yard of the paisley and about a quarter yard of the accent and then bought this pattern to go with it. I could just make ANOTHER elastic waist gathered skirt, but can you tell I don't really want to do that?
This pattern calls for more fabric than I have here, but I'm crossing my fingers that I can finagle it.


I really wanted pink wool for this, but there was no such thing to be had at my local Hancocks, so I settled for a lavender wool blend.  I don't like lavender as a rule, but I happened to have my favorite nail polish (OPI's Done Out in Deco, my only exception to disliking lavender) on while I was shopping for this and it just happened to be the same exact color, so that cinched it.




This is another one of those pieces of fashion fabric I bought a long time ago when I first began to venture away from quilting cottons, but then I got cold feet.  I'll be tying out the higher-necked version at the top left there. 





And last, but not least, another vintage pattern with some more fabric that's been in my stash for too long.  I'm a little scared of all those buttonholes, but the dress sure looks cute.  I have high hopes.



















Stay tuned, my Colette Clover wearable red muslin is done and my Collete Macaron in the Balloon print is also finished.  I just have to get some photo time in and then I'll post them!

1 comment:

  1. Woah! This is a lot of projects and I am sure it's all going to be lovely. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete