I'm ready to reveal my new wide-leg chambray pants. These are self-drafted, elastic-waisted and a pretty fun shape. The eyelet trim wasn't in the original plan, but even after adding length at the bottom when I cut them so I could have a nice thick hem, I ended up with a skinny hem and the need for about a half-inch more length.
I think the length issue ended up with a happy ending and adds another touch of unique to these. (worn with Simplicity 1872)
I tucked in a shirt for you so you could see the waist. I made the front pieces almost the same as you would for a flat front pant and added all the extra in the back. That's where I need it anyway.
Don't tell anyone, but I aspire to create a pattern for these. I have plans to start drafting next week!