"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Me Made - Days 3, 4 and 5

I actually exceeded my goal for the first week and wore THREE me made items.
The third was my Anna Maria Horner voile circle scarf that I wore while we traveled for 13 hours by car to our week-long vacation in St. Simon's Island, GA.

MMJ Week 1, Day 3

This scarf is HUGE! I got precut strips of fabric in a kit for $20 and, my goodness, there is not way you could buy a scarf this beautiful, soft or massive for $20. It's so nice to be able to sew, isn't it? :)
I plan to make another with AMH's new Loulouthi voiles and maybe one with velveteen on one side for winter. mmmmmm! yummy! I can tell you one thing for sure, I will not be making my fabric cuts quite as long or quite as wide as these were. This is a lot of scarf for a little person.

I started off the second week with some me made lounge pants.
I was introduced to Matilda Jane clothing by my cousin and have admired the little girls' clothing for a while, but didn't know until fairly recently that they also made ladies clothing. I thought their big ruffle pants for "big girls" were so neat, but I didn't care for the one fabric available in their fall line. Enter the "I can just do it myself" attitude and off I went to Hancock's to find some material I liked. I found this soft grey sweatshirt fleece on the remnant table, drafted a pattern from my fave Gap lounge pants (+ an 8" ruffle) and just did it! The waistband needs some work. It's a little wavy in the back and the center seam in the back isn't totally centered after some fitting adjustments, but I do love them so and I always feel cute and unique in them. I mostly wear them for sleeping and lounging, and then in the winter, under a long sweater or dress. I want to try again for another pair I could wear as regular slacks, but I haven't found the right material yet.


My second me made for week 2 is my Sis Boom Jamie Dress. This dress is becoming more and more of a favorite. It's just one of those dresses that I'm not worried about how it's laying or fitting or what it's showing or hiding while I'm wearing it. It just works for me and my body. I already have some cotton fabrics washed and ready to make another whenever I decide to fit it into my sewing queue.

MMJ - week 2, day 2

That's all for today!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment