"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some Fall Picks

Me Made June was so fun and inspirational for me.  I was challenged to wear and appreciate the things I'd put the time and effort (and expense) into making, but also encouraged to look at my wardrobe with a critical eye.  I was able to identify some gaping holes and better plan for future sewing.
Speaking of planning, Self-stitched September will be here before I know it, so I'm already starting to strategically plan my me made fall wardrobe.
Here are some picks from both new and old patterns published by various brands.

McCall's 6203 Misses' Tunics
I like all versions of this top and think it could look very Anthro.

next:


I like the look on the main girl there to the right.  I also like the short-sleeved and sleeveless versions of this same top, so this could be a very useful pattern.

I'm so scared of pants, but this is Very Easy Vogue...


I can see these as khakis, in a tweed, or even in denim.

Now for a dress, DKNY, no less:


I believe this is a faux wrap dress.  I'm a little nervous about that detail at the waist.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it could go very wrong.  I may be waiting to see some reviews on this one.

And last, but not least, because seeing a version of this pattern in the Me Made June Flickr group is really what got me started thinking about my fall wardrobe...



My fave is the version on the top right.  The collar, the sleeves, oh yes please.  I think it would be nice to have a short trench like the one on the bottom right as well, so, once again, this is a pattern I can see myself getting some good use out of.

Of course, if I do actually make any of these, I'll post them here!






1 comment:

  1. That first one looks so comfy - perfect for fall! I'm not even done sewing for summer...

    ReplyDelete