"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Very Inspiring Blogger Award

First, I have to apologize for not passing on the first award I received.  I'm no good at chain letters, recipe exchanges and now I can add blog-award-passing-on to the list.



Determined not to let this award get swept under the rug also, here's the thank-you and pass-it-on post.


The rules of this lovely award are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger
Award to your post.
(I just grabbed it off of the blog post I was nominated from and
dragged it to my photos on my Mac.  I don't see a link for it or 
HTML code, so I really don't know how else to do it!)
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
  
Now to the 7 things about myself:

1.  I was homeschooled through high school and my mom wanted
to do a home ec with me.  She chose sewing.  We bought an a-line,
gathered waist skirt pattern, some cheap navy blue floral cotton and
I learned how to thread a sewing machine, cut out a pattern, follow
the directions and sew a few straight lines.  I hated the skirt (of
course!) and didn't sew again until I was motivated to try again when 
I had a little baby girl 5 years ago.

2.  I was a dance education major in college and have taught ballet
to 3-9 year olds and have taught ballroom dance professionally.

3.I have recently decided that I really need to wear my glasses all the
time.  My mom's been getting on to me ever since I was little for not
wearing my glasses and squinting all the time.  Well, my eyes have
worsened to the point where it is no longer an option for me.  

4. I like to be alliterative with pet/toy names.  Our dog's name is
Dolce.
My little girl's stuffed dolphin, who I helped name, is Dillan.
My humming bird tattoo is named Hermes.
The tiny stuffed Christmas moose that is being used as a Christmas tree
topper in my youngest's room is named Melvin.  You get the idea...

5. I do not like to paint walls, but I love to pick paint colors for walls
and pay someone else to paint them.

6. I love pretty much everything crafty/creative.  I have taken courses
in photography, calligraphy, drawing, stamping/card making, weaving, 
pottery, acting and, of course, dance.  Maybe one of these days I'll get 
to take a class in sewing.  haha!

7. I feel like I struggle when it comes to fashion.  I have to really use 
others' blogs and magazines and Pinterest as textbooks of sorts. 
I try to pay close attention to things I like and dissect why I like them.  
Color, shape, texture, print, proportion... these are all things I mostly try 
to copy from pictures. I don't do a whole lot of never-before-seen stuff. 
I mostly re-do what's already been done.

I nominate the following bloggers for the award:










10. Patty The Snug Bug


I can only imagine that at least some of these blogs may have received this award before.  Some of them I discovered for the very first time today and they will be added to my list of blogs I check daily.  There are some amazing things being sewn!


No comments:

Post a Comment