At the time I bought it, I had a dark blue maxi dress that I wore all the time and didn't want another blue maxi dress, but that maxi dress has since been given to Goodwill and now this fabric can fulfill it's destiny.
I used McCalls 6559 View D, the one without the racer back. I knew I wanted a blouson top, so I cut fairly straight down from the armpit to the hips. After I made it, I just put it on in front of a mirror and bloused it out a little and marked where the elastic would go. I put 3/4 inch elastic around the smallest part of my torso, just under my ribcage and cut it at a comfortable length. I sewed in into a continuous band and then zig-zag stitched it to the inside of my dress.
Hemming this sucker STUNK! I hemmed just the front and it was, like 4" difference from one side to the other! After a couple of tries and some seam ripping (which is so dangerous in knits!!) I got it.
I raised the neckline fairly significantly when I cut the front piece and then had to gather it in the middle because the knit was soooooo stretchy. Oh well, bonus design element.
This is stash-busting garment number two of thirteen.I think some SewaholicThurlow shorts will be up next... or possibly a swimsuit. We'll see what strikes my fancy.