"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Trying To Catch Up (Life is Good)

 I have been sewing, just not blogging.  I haven't been sewing nearly as much as I used to be able to, but if I do get time to sew AND take some photos, I definitely don't seem to have the time to blog about my process, fabrics, pattern and such.  I'm sad that I can't do what I used to, but this little boy has made everything more challenging... and more wonderful.

This is the Tie Dye Diva Janie and Jack pattern.  It's an adorable little pattern with a lined bodice and instructions for a snap crotch, which I decided to forgo.  I added a bow tie to try to make it more boyish.  He's just so pretty, it's not totally clear that he's a boy to all his public admirers.




 For our obligatory family beach photo in Destin, I sewed my shirt using the Grainline Tee pattern and I made the girls dresses from three different rayon prints I found at Hancock Fabrics (RIP) and used a combo of the Rabbit Rabbit Hummingbird dress bodice and the skirt from Annabelle by Violette Field Threads.



This is the OZ romper from Ellidactyl.  I made 2, but my snap process is not going well.  I can get them in, but then they keep getting pulled out in use.  I've stayed away from snaps for a while since I made this.



This is the most involved thing I've made for me since my boy was born.  It's my Easter dress.  I chose this beautiful rayon print from JoAnn's and used a Cynthia Rowley pattern from Simplicity (1801).


Oh, and I colored my hair pink, which was super fun, but too expensive to keep up for very long.
I'll try to do another catch-up post soon.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pink hair!!! And that dress is so swoon-worthy. Nice to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reposi tioning the brand, the most important highlight of Louis Vuitton Handbags and Original Rolex Watche in fur top luxury flagship product category.The 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches in July last year held their first couture show called “Fashion furs” in Paris.The company also plans to invest heavily in prominent brands of Rolex Air King Italian descent.Omega Watches Replica?is the most famous luxury watch brand all over the world.That global recognition is the Replica Tag Heuer product of decades of success in a range of fields.

    Rolex Air King

    Louis Vuitton Handbags

    Original Rolex Watches

    1:1 Replica Breitling Watches

    Omega Watches Replica

    Replica Tag Heuer

    ReplyDelete