"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Living Green

Green is a color, the perception of which is evoked by light having a spectrum dominated by energy with a wavelength of roughly 520–570 nanometers. 


So says Wikipedia.  
Green can symbolize balance, harmony, stability, hope, regrowth, life, fertility and nature.  Wikipedia also says that the word is "closely related to the Old English verb growan ('to grow')," 
These days, it's cool to be green, or maybe it's become so commonplace that it's just un-cool not to be green.  Kermit said it best though.  It's really not easy, to be green the environmentally friendly way I mean.  We JUST got a recycling bin and I used cloth diapers for two years on my first girl, but that's about all I do for my part.  I'm sure it's not hard once you get some things in motion, but the inertia of convenience overrules.
Nevertheless, I seem to have an unexplainable attraction to this color.  I knew I liked it, but I'm starting to realize that I like it a lot.  There's evidence in these photos and more evidence in this blog layout.  Those paint chips are ideas for exterior house colors (hopefully a green house symbolizes the money from the sale of it since we will be moving an a few years) and, as you can see, the wall in both pictures is green.  I read that time moves faster in a green room, but I'm not so sure about that.  Some of my days do drag on so.


That lovely fabric is what I picked out for the curtains I made for our office.  I just picked it because it was the only one on sale that I really liked, right?  
The colors on my favorite mug a couple of posts ago... two different greens.  My iPhone skin... green.  My first Bible with my name embossed on it was teal green leather.  I don't consciously look for greens.  My favorite color is purple... I think. I can't be sure anymore. 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment