"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Friday, August 5, 2011

Eye on the Prize

It took me a few days, but I finally decided what to spend my gift certificate on at Above All Fabric.  I'm still participating in the Style Stitches sew along over at Jem Jam and each month, she gives away a gift certificate from Above All Fabric and another from Fat Quarter Shop to two lucky ducks.  I entered my Key Keeper Coin Purse and was randomly chosen as a winner for July!
Instead of just buying more fabric because I thought it was pretty (I reeeeeally wanted some of that Joel Dewberry Heirloom voile!!!), I thought I should evaluate what it is that I want to sew in the near future and see if I have the fabric I need for it.
Long story shortened, I chose Michael Miller's interlock knit in Brown TaDot to make a cozy fall shirt using McCall's 6203.
I've got plenty of cotton quilting fabric and even some rayon and some voile, but no knits to make these shirts and I NEED a couple for Self-Stitched September.

In other news, I've decided to take a break from my shop for a bit.  I haven't really been sewing for it a whole lot anyway, but I'm going to put my Molly Blossom patterns away, clear my sewing table of fabric I've designated for bag use and let go of the guilt I put on myself for not doing great at stocking my shop.  I need to feel totally free to sew for myself and my babies for a bit and I think putting Molly Blossom aside will help.  My Etsy shop will still stay open (I'm not going to turn away some PayPal!) and I might add something on a whim, but I'm just going to focus on "fun" sewing. for a while.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment