"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Self-Stitched September

It's almost here!  Self-Stitched September.  When Me Made June ended, I thought September seemed so far away.  I started thinking about all the holes in my me made wardrobe... my very tiny me made wardrobe.  I made a flurry of things for summer, but I'm starting at square one again for cold weather.  I started doing some research and thinking about doing a lot of layering with pieces I already own.
Now, not only is September fast approaching and I have made not one fall item and to top it off, my family will be staying in DC for the second half of September!  What that means is, that I won't be able to fake it with my warm weather pieces, like I would be able to in Mississippi.
I have a coat pattern, a long-sleeved shirt pattern, a trouser pattern and plans to draft a knit cardigan, but I still feel like my wardrobe will be fairly lacking.
Nevertheless!  Here it goes.  My commitment:
'I, Sara Upshaw, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-Sept '11. I endeavour to wear one me-made or me-altered item of clothing each day for the duration of September 2011'


Just as before, I will make a Flickr album and will post to the group's album regularly.  I'm really looking forward to it and the new pieces it will spur me on to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment