"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Update About a Need to Update

I've been sewing quite a bit lately and haven't really had the chance to take photos so I can do posts and pattern reviews.
I decided to try something a little different and started cutting out pattern pieces even if I'm not quite ready to sew that garment. That way, when I find the time, the drudgery of cutting is already done and I can move right into the fun sewing part.
With this new strategy, I have sewn two Izzy & Ivy Designs pieces, the Little Vicky dress and a tank from Polly's Playclothes and have used their free applique pattern called Henrietta the Hedgehog on a onesie for a baby shower gift. I am also about 3/4 finished with the Lola bag. I've made McCall's 6203 in navy knit and have a second cut out in a stripey knit. I made my youngest a dress based on one she already owns (it turned out too big, but big sis can wear it in the meantime). I have cut out and begun an Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress for my oldest daughter and have also cut out a second Jamie Dress and a second Socialite Dress for me.

In the immediate future I plan to:
finish the Ice Cream Dress
finish the Lola Bag (I have to buy some bias tape)
sew the stripey McCall's 6203
sew my Michael Miller brown Ta Dot knit into Simplicity 2364 (instead of a third McCall's 6203 as I'd planned)
sew my second Jamie Dress so I can wear it while it's still hot outside
sew a shower curtain valance
sew a crib sheet and pillowcase
applique two t-shirts, at least one with Henrietta

I really should do the valance, crib sheet and pillowcase first, but the things you SHOULD do are not always the most fun. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment