"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Two More Renfrews

Here are two more Sewaholic Renfrews.   This makes four total for me and justifies the cost of the pattern.
I got one yard of this sage green bird fabric for about $10 and eeked out a cowl neck 3/4 sleeved version.  I used every      last      bit.  And I had to piece the cowl together.  







For this one, I cut out all my pieces in pink knit and in stretchy lace.  I did the collar just in the lace and the sleeve bands just in the pink knit.


I'm so happy with the way this neckline lays.  I've had some trouble with puckering in the past, but, magically, not this time.
mmmm... peppermint.  I'm trying something new on my lips today.
And I like it.


 It's Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in the color Sweetheart.

I almost never stray from a neutral lip (I prefer the "my lips but better" look), but I'm trying to branch out and get more comfortable with more color.  I got this fun pink and the color Rendevous which is a coral/orange.  They are a great alternative to the pricier Cinique Chubby Sticks or Tarte LipSurgence lip tints.  I got two of these and a Revlon polish in Grey Suede (on my ring finger) for about $10 with a coupon and the current sales at ULTA!

8 comments:

  1. Green is my fav color so I'm loving that green cowl neck. The color looks good on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a cowl Renfrew out of a yard of fabric? I'm impressed! I find that one just gobbles up the yardage! Love both your shirts - and i like the pink lipstick too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I almost didn't make it, but I laid out all my pattern pieces and then, like I said, I had to piece the cowl and there's a seam right down the front underneath those folds! Tell you what though, 2 1/4 yards or whatever it calls for is certainly overkill.

      Delete
  3. you are so cute. Love the tops and the lip balm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny - I also made a stretch lace Renfrew last week, as well as a cowl version, LOL! AND I have that lip stain as well ;-)

    I love yours lined with the pink - so cute!

    ReplyDelete