"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Deer and Doe Plantain

I bought some fabric I didn't really need (big surprise)  because it was on sale (big surprise) and told you about it in this post.

The green and brown ITY isn't cut yet.

I have my brown ponte cut into the Vogue pants, but not sewn up.

But I have cut and sewn the pink and yellow ITY knit into a Plantain (free pattern by Deer and Doe).  I know I said it would be another Hemlock (free pattern by Grainline), but then the Plantain craze hit and  I wanted to join in the party.

I originally considered making it long-sleeved, but the very thin ITY knit seemed more suited to a short-sleeved shirt.



 I have nothing bad to say about this pattern.  I took me the same amount of time to make this tee for me as it does to make one for either of my girls, which is maybe 20-30 minutes.
It was pretty much a given that I would love the shape, specifically how it flares out at the bottom.  I almost always grade up two sizes from my waist down and this shirt has that width already built in.



This outfit will look cute with a wide-brimmed hat and sun glasses, but for today, since I already have it on, I'll wear it like this.



The roads are covered with ice here in Atlanta today, so I don't have to figure out what kind of shoes would match this outfit-that-can't-decide-if-it's-cold-or-hot because I'm not going anywhere.

Guess I should do some more sewing in case I can't later if the power goes out.
Building a Better Wardrobe Giveaway

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it! You took a basic t-shirt pattern and made it look spunky and cute! Only you, Sara, only you! Love, love, love it!! Off to look for some cute knit for myself now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I'm sewing up a plantain right now but now I wish I used a patterned fun print like yours!

    ReplyDelete