"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Monday, February 11, 2013

Figgy's Scirocco Dress

After making the Banyan Tunic and finding it a bit snug (I made a 4 for my 5-year-old because I usually have to size down), I thought maybe Figgy's patterns run small, so I chose a size 5 for the Scirocco Dress.
It fits perfectly in the front, but gapes in the back, so I think next time, I will do a size 5, but cut out some width from the back.
It's really a great little pattern.  Clear instructions.  Clear illustrations.  Very straightforward.  I had no trouble with things fitting together how they are supposed to, which is always a relief.

This dress is so unique and you end up with a completely lined and well-made garment.  That's so refreshing in the children's pattern business.  I feel like there are a lot of patterns that work, but the garment you end up with just doesn't look as good as it could.  This takes more time, but it's not any more difficult and you've got something you can really admire at the end.



Treat yourself to three patterns from Figgy's and 15 more patterns for 80% off retail by taking advantage of the Sew Fab E-Pattern Bundle.  
This is the last day!
Get yours with immediate downloads and start sewing your Scirocco dress this week.


3 comments:

  1. I must make an adult version of this..terrific pattern mixing for this silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Where did you find that mustache fabric? My daughter would swoon over that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mustache fabric is from Hobby Lobby. :)

      Delete