"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

February Makes

Just a couple notes today about a few things.
Back in February, I made special dresses for the girls to wear to daddy daughter date night at 
Chick-fil-a.
I used the Hourglass pattern by Rabbit Rabbit Creation and I let the girls pick out all the fabrics, which are a combination of some I already had and some we bought at Hobby Lobby.



Also in February, I made myself a knit dress using the Halla Slim Dolman shirt pattern.  I don't really like the batwing look of dolman shirts, but this slim version eliminates most of the batwing action, so it's just my style.  It's a satisfying, super-quick make with only 5 pieces to cut and 9 seams sew.


Panels have gotten easier to use now that he's bigger, but not too big for the panel to act as the front or back of a shirt.  He likes owls and hubby likes Dr. Who, so it was a fun panel choice.


iPhone quality photos are not helping you out, but each little owl in the tree has a different accessory to represent the different Doctors. :)


Next time, I'll show you this little stinker's first decent modeling session with Mommy-made duds.

1 comment: