"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Friday, April 28, 2017

My Love Affair With Love Adore

2017 seems to be shaping up as the year of buying fabric from new-to-me sellers.  I joined several fabric selling groups on Facebook last year, but didn't buy much aside from things for our Disney trip.  This year, I have discovered a couple of more affordable options and have been very pleased with the quality and designs so far.  One of these options is Love Adore Knits.  I bought a yard of this floral and a yard of this stripe and have made six pieces of clothing out of those two yards so far!
I have three of them to show you today.

Mine first.  (Sewing room selfie, here.  Unless I get my husband involved as photographer, selfies are going to be par for the course for the foreseeable future of the blog.)  This is another Halla Slim Dolman.  I'm voting this Most Useful Pattern in my stash at the moment.  I've made a dress, this tee and I just made a third version with ruffled sleeves which you will see as part of upcoming Me Made May posts.


This is the Bimaa pattern from Lou Bee Clothing.  

 I love the cowl neck.

 She does too...


for various reasons.


And here is a basic tee for my oldest daughter that I had to modify with a triangular piece in the front because I chose too small of a size and it was too tight.  Then I added the little bows because the edges of the fabric curled up into these tight rolls when I cut into it.  They weren't long enough to be saved for a drawstring, so I decided on bows.






No comments:

Post a Comment