"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Christmas Mantle

T
wo years ago was the first time I bought any decorations for Christmas since my husband and I had been married.  I wanted a themed tree and I chose a spice orange color, pink and white.  So everything I bought, I bought for the tree.  Now I have this new, rather large house and nothing really with which to decorate it.  Blogs to the rescue!  I saw a lovely blog recently with some perfect ideas for decorating with Christmas balls.  I'm sure it's been done before and I'd seen it before, but this is the year I needed to be reminded.  I've got plenty of glass vases of varying types, a couple of candlesticks, the balls intended for the tree and a couple other odds and ends and I'm good to go!  at least in the living room...







 And on the shelf to the left of the mantle...  a tiny bit of cheer.


Now the only problems I have are what to put on the tree
and what to decorate the rest of the house with. 

I linked up at
The Lettered Cottage

There are, like, a bazillion beautiful mantles over there!!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment